Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Birthdays are the Best
























Max had a monkey cake to go with his Fisher Price animal train we bought him. I used the Wilton animal crackers pan and moved the ears down on the head a little to change it to a monkey. Scott helped me decorate the monkey. He did the dark brown stars for me. (That little brown blob near the monkey's ear is a cupcake for Max.)

Kynzie's request for her birthday cake has been for a David and Goliath (one of her favorite Bible stories) birthday cake. I have searched for about a month for ideas and premade possibilites but to no avail. So, since I am still a newbie and limited in my creativity in cake decorating, this is what I came up with. I found stickers in right size for the cake (I had all but given up until two days before the party when I found them by chance at the dollar store), cut them out, and taped toothpicks to the back to keep them in place on the cake. I did buttercream icing for the green grass, the little blue river, and the 5 smooth stones (yes, those are supposed to be stones).

It isn't the most exciting cake I have ever made, but she was nearly thrilled to see the cake when I showed it to her yesterday morning. And, that is why I did it.

I will post more pictures and such later. It was a fantastic day with all our family to celebrate with us.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Adorable children. Super idea for a bday cake. Cute. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete