Wednesday, April 21, 2010

God the Creator... of YOU!

Did you know Earth Day is coming up? If you turned your TV on at all today you do. Even PBS is having some special day of Earth friendly cartoons or something that day. I am all for being good stewards of planet Earth. I believe we have God-given responsibilities to do so, in fact. However, I have a problem when we start to worship the creation and not the Creator.

There are so many little things in creation that point to an amazing creator. Just watch any of the "Wonders of God's Creation" DVD series. The intricate details of nature boast of the glory of God.

Interestingly enough, my devotional for today is entitled "God as Creator". Seeing God as the Creator means that there is purpose for your life. He created you. You didn't just happen. He planned your hair color, your eye color, height, bone structure, and so much more. Isn't that good news? I was created with a plan and a purpose!

Also, as a being created with a plan and purpose in mind by a Creator, I have inherited, if you will, the Father's creativity in some way. Now, I used to believe that I was the least creative person on Earth. I don't have a penchant for anything to do with art or scrapbooking or decorating or hairdos. But, I know that He imparted some sort of creativity in me because we are created in His likeness.

So, what floats my boat? What is it that energizes me? What activities allow me to feel God's pleasure? Eric Liddell, Olympic Gold Medalist, said he felt God's pleasure when he ran. He believed that to be a gift God gave him. What about me, then? Maybe unconventional creativity, but I love to plan, organize, be resourceful, give things to people who need them, and have social activities. When I have had time, I also have enjoyed writing, photography, cake decorating, and putting floral arrangements together.

When I think of these talents as God-created, I am more thankful for these natural bents. What are yours? What about your kids'?

No comments:

Post a Comment