Sunday, February 03, 2008

Say, say, O playmate, Come out & Play with me...




And bring your dollies three
Climb up my apple tree
Holler down my rain barrel
Slide down my cellar door
And we'll be jolly friends forever more, forever more.

It was a rainy day
She couldn't come out to play
With tearful eyes she breathed a sigh
And this is what I heard her say

Say, say O playmate
I can't come play with you
My dolly's got the flu
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Ain't got no rain barrel
Ain't got no cellar door
But we'll be jolly friends
Forever more, forever more

Do you remember this one? I used to beg my mom to sing that little ditty to me. I still like it. I think it's cute. And still love to hear my mom sing it to my kids. Maybe I'll take time to share some of my other childhood favorites sometime. Like The Little Red Caboose, that other train song I can't remember the name of (train whistle blowing, what is it Mom?), A Little Dream House, Two Little Orphans, and I Am a Pretty Little Dutch Girl. They probably aren't politically correct for this day and age, but I can even remember my grandmother singing some of them to me.

Anyway, here are the two little kids watching Delainey go outside and hang out with the neighbors. Aren't they pitiful? So, I went outside and took pictures of them looking pitiful - because they were so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment