Friday, March 14, 2008

How are your numbers, Mommy?

I am not sure whether this is a good thing to tell the world about, but I am going to share anyway. I have had to monitor my blood sugar over the last few weeks (starting while my husband was away in Germany), and I haven't really hidden the process from my kids.

Today, my three-year-old-going-on-35 daughter pretended to take her blood sugar. She found random things around the house that she could pretend were her equipment. She used a pair of earbuds for the lancet (the piece you would insert into the ipod was the lancet). She had to first figure out which finger was next, and then even which side of that finger to use. Too funny. She pays way too much attention!

She then squeezed her finger like Mommy. She decided the SD card in Delainey's computer would make a nice "checker". She touched her finger to it and then inserted the SD card back into the slot and "waited" for her reading.

Hilarious! I loved to watch that. She loves to watch me test and gets bummed out if I don't tell her when I am going to test. She usually turns her head for the actual stick part, but I always assure her it doesn't hurt Mommy. (And, so far, it really doesn't, thankfully.) And she always asks me how my numbers are each time.

By the way, my numbers have been so great lately without taking any medication; I am so thankful. I only have God to thank at this point. Whether I was dealing with gestational diabetes or cholestasis, either way my body seems to rebounding quite well. I am so glad... I really want these babies to have the best chance at a long stay at the Maternity Inn to make sure they have the time they need to develop and grow well enough to meet the challenge of birth.

2 comments:

  1. i am so happy that this pregnancy is going good for you!

    ReplyDelete