Friday, July 11, 2008

The Most Precious Moments

As Dennis finished nursing this evening, he started to work at figuring out what his hand is and what it might do for him. He focused on his hand's movement back and forth in front of his face. He concentrated quite intensely for awhile. Then, he began to look at the bright flowers on my shirt. Finally, his eyes caught mine, and he connected, locked on. And, he returned my smile.

I love those moments. I love to watch my children learning and experiencing new things. And those smiles are so precious; like jewels.

I wonder if that is a little glimpse of how God feels to be our Father. He enjoys watching us, His creation... watching us learn and experience life, His abundant life for us. And, then, when we connect with Him, I bet that is most precious to Him as well... when we express our love to Him, our gratitude toward Him, our smiles.

What parent doesn't take great joy in an "I love you, Daddy" from their children?

No comments:

Post a Comment