Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tuesday's Top Ten Twin Stuff List... Especially for a Small Living Space

I don't think you should buy two of everything right away. I will say that we used two bouncy seats from week one... well, maybe week two, I can't remember.

I really like the bouncy seats we have, but if I had thought about it a little more, I might have chosen a more portable style. Or at least something that folds up and stores out of the way.

1) Take Along Swings - maybe just one to start. You never know whether both babies will like swing time or not, and you may not need to have both in a swing at the same time. I have found that both of mine enjoy swinging, and I enjoy having them both in the swing at the same time.

2) Nursing pillow - I would like to have the inflatable pillow as well for travel. I discussed the nursing pillow in a previous post.

3) Bouncy seats - fold up if you can find them. I had a couple of older bouncy seats with my older children that folded for storage and for portability. These are two wonderful qualities (easy storage and easy portability) to find in any baby equipment for twins.

4) floor gym - collapsible. These are helpful, but not completely necessary. They do take up a lot of space if you don't find the kind that folds on itself and stays closed with snaps or Velcro.

5) Double stroller of some sort. We have a Graco Duoglider, and I love the feature that allows you to snap the carseats in and out. I have also seen the stroller that is just the frame for holding the carseats.

6) Port-a-crib or pack-n-play (somewhere to put them, especially if you have other small children)

7) Good breast pump - high quality and portability (can you plug an adaptor into the car? Believe me, it comes in handy!)

8) Portable changing table/station or several stations throughout the house - I have created a portable changing station on a cart. Maybe I will take pics of it and add them later.

9) A back pack diaper bag - I love mine, but it isn't as big as some others. You may want something a little roomier? Also, think about how easy it will be to clean and whether it will stand up on its own.

10) An incredible setup for nursing - including Hands-free phone/books/computer whatever you need to make nursing work for the long-haul. Read this for more info on Nursing Set-up (and other useful twin information from a real mom of twins).

No comments:

Post a Comment