Monday, June 16, 2008

So, How DO You Nurse (as in Breastfeed) Twins?

You get one of these nursing pillows - EZ-2-Nurse Twin Nusring Pillow. I don't think I could nurse my twins at the same time without this pillow. And I don't know whether I could keep my sanity if I didn't nurse my twins at the same time, at least most of the time. So, this pillow is a sanity-saver for me.

I think there are other similar twin pillows out there, but this is the one I have and use day and night.

With a singleton at night, the baby is in the bed with me and can nurse, and I don't have to get up. But I couldn't figure out how to do that with two. I have read about women who did and even read a short tutorial but still couldn't figure it out.

Speaking of tutorials, I came by this pillow second-hand (it was generously given to me in exchange for my regular Boppy nursing pillow) and didn't get any of the paperwork that may have come with it. But I did find this online tutorial which was immensely helpful.

There is even an inflatable double nursing pillow that I think would be a good investment to take on the road with me.

I also found an online site that sells a pattern to make your own twin nursing pillow. I can't find the link, but when I do, I will add it here.

Then, there are nursing tops & dresses... but maybe that will be another post.

I also want to add this link for others expecting twins. There is some great advice on having twins in three parts. It is geared toward a big family with more children than I have, but I found it so helpful anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment