Sunday, April 13, 2008

So, I made it past Scott's prediction of April 12th. We went to church today, and I had people seemed surprised that I am "still standing". It was good to be there today, though. I don't know that I will go for a few weeks after the twins are born. Figuring out the logistics of nursing twins may take me awhile...

I have gained a total of 57 lbs so far, and I measure 48 centimeters this week. Last week it was 47 cm, and three weeks ago it was 39 cm. My doctor said the huge jump (without a matching huge jump in weight gain) is probably attributed to the fact that Daniel flipped head down instead of a mostly transverse position. So my uterus elongated suddenly with both babies the same direction now.

Today, we toured the hospital where the babies will be born. This hospital doesn't move you to another room after you give birth. They move the birthing bed out and pull down a queen size Murphy style bed, and you stay in the same room - a very nice, large room with a good sized jacuzzi tub. That seems pretty cool to me. Scott is a little bummed because the last hospital allowed three free meals a day for dads as well as the moms, and the food was pretty good. This one only allows one free meal for dad a day.

I think we are all packed for the hospital, but I may need to repack the bag for the twins. They may need clothes a size larger than preemie after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment