Monday, October 27, 2008

Bradley Birth Reunion

We had our Bradley Method Class Birth Reunion yesterday afternoon. All of the couples from our classes minus two, I think, gathered with babies in tow at our instructor's house for a time of sharing our birth stories and meeting all the babies. There were six baby boys and two baby girls present. Some of the boys' names were Dennis and Daniel (ours), Elias and Vash; and the girls' names were Joy (shortened from Joyce) and Olivia with no middle name so her last name could be her middle name when she marries. (I had never heard of that before.)
What a neat experience! I enjoyed it a great deal. I always love to hear birth stories, and Scott loves to tell ours. We definitely rocked the "natural birth in a hospital." We didn't have any home births from our class which is a little unusual, I guess. Our instructor said she always has at least one couple who does a home birth.
Scott says we're done, but if we are blessed with another, I would move to Kansas and have a home birth. Yes, I said that. And, yes, I meant that! Of course, Scott would have to be on board, and so far, he's not... That is kind of an important detail.
However, Scott and I are considering becoming Bradley instructors in the near future. He really is passionate about natural hospital births at least.

1 comment:

  1. Why would you have to move to Kansas for a home birth?

    ReplyDelete