Thursday, October 23, 2008

What is Mommy-Hair, anyway?

Max was standing behind me on the couch playing with my hair. He was quiet for a long time then thoughtfully said, "I think you a girl, Mommy." Then, a little more silence as he tried to pile all my hair on top of my head. And another comment, "You have Mommy-hair. You have short Mommy-hair." It was cute and sweet. He has never really played with my hair before and never really made comments about my hair, either.

Then the moment was over as his hands turned into an alligator, and the alligator "chomp, chomp, chomp"-ed my hair. And my earring became a doorbell that he "ding, dong"-ed over and over again.

In short order, my hair became a spiderweb, a basket for a basketball for a basketball player, and a pile for digging.

1 comment:

  1. I love that kid. Remember, he made a train out of his bread at dinner too. There is some sort of imagination prodigy there. He does really well at trying to come up with plots for my bed time stories.

    ReplyDelete