Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Faith Like My Child


Okay, I have to tell the popcorn kernel story. I have told it to some already... but this is just too good.


One Wednesday afternoon, we had popcorn for an afternoon snack. Kynzie really enjoys popcorn. After several minutes of very concentrated eating, Kynzie said "Mom, I have one of these stuck in my nose." I looked to where her finger was pointing to see that she was referring to a popcorn kernel.


Now, mind you, I was in the same room the whole time and even at the same table most of the time. I didn't see her try to fit a popcorn kernel in her nose; Delainey didn't see her try it either. I asked her several questions regarding how and why mostly. I looked inside her nose with a flashlight, but didn't see a thing. We used an aspirator to attempt to suction it out, but to no avail. I had thoughts of infection and trips to the emergency racing through my mind, as well as hopes such as "maybe she really didn't get a kernel stuck in her nose" or "maybe it fell out already". She didn't seemed to be troubled by it, and her breathing was fine, so we decided to wait and see.


At some point on Friday, Kynzie told me that she wished that kernel would get out of her nose. She wasn't upset or bothered, just matter of fact. We looked and pried again, but again to no avail. Then on Saturday, while I was out grocery shopping, Kynzie asked Daddy to pray with her that the popcorn kernel would come out. Later, as I was putting away groceries, Kynzie and Daddy were playing in the living room when she screeched "It fell out! It fell out!" Scott said he was amazed when he saw a little kernel fall to the floor.


Why didn't I just pray in the first place way back on Wednesday? You'd think I would have learned from her faith by now. Faith like a child. It's that simple. It's that amazing. She has no doubt that God will hear her prayers and that Jesus will take care of her. Most adults could take lessons from her. I know I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment