Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It's just two babies, not a disease...

We have decided to look for a new doctor to take us through the birth of our twins. I am so excited about being pregnant with twins and so much more so about their birth. I often reflect on how awesome our God is that he has allowed me this privilege! Unfortunately, many in the medical community view a twin delivery at my young age to be a near crisis situation with no signs to point to such.

I was beginning to dread the birth of these babies to hear my doctor talk every time I went in. I am sure there is reason for the barage of testing and precautions, and I appreciate that he has experience. However, the amount of cover-your-buns medicine that he (& others) practice, is too much for me.

Moments after Scott and I made the decision to explore our medical options, I felt the load lighten. I began to feel the plan and the promise of God's blessing well up inside again. God has a plan for this birth, and I am in awe once again that he cares about us so intimately. It just shows how much he desires to have a personal relationship with us, the whole reason he sent Jesus to bridge the gap.

I asked several women I know who have had natural births, home births, etc., and a particular doctor's name came up more than once. So, I have an appointment with her on Friday, and I am actually looking forward to it. This doctor used to be a doula, or birth assistant, if I have my information correct.

And speaking of doulas, God answered my prayers to provide one! I am just thrilled. I think she will be a wonderful help and encouragement to us. She shares our belief that God has a plan for this birth, and she is willing to help us seek out that plan. Scott is glad to have the extra support for this birth as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment