Saturday, January 26, 2008

Verses to relax by...

I am putting together some favorite scriptures pertaining to peace, comfort, and grace for relaxation purposes during birth. I have some favorites, but I am interested in what others find comforting. Here are some of the first ones that have come to mind.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corin 12:8-10

Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you, And therefore He waits on high to have
compassion on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him. - Isaiah 30:18

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Blessed {be} the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. - 2 Corin 1:2-4


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.
"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30


I know it may be difficult for some of you to imagine that I will be able to relax as Scott's soothing voice oozes out these verses during moments of moderate to intense pain. But I will say that I don't know what would have happened to me, and most importantly Max, had I not had Scott's voice right next to me to focus and concentrate on during that birth.

This time, I figured I might as well give him something scripted to say! Just kidding... God put us together to work as a team, and Scott did his part very well.

I am also preparing a CD of favorite songs, mostly praise songs. (It will be a CD so Scott won't have to sing them to me!) Maybe I'll list those next time. Feel free to offere suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. tylenol pm helped me relax!!

    hehe!

    i know...not helping!

    ReplyDelete