Monday, November 10, 2008

Bittersweet Good-Bye for Ol' Blue (aka Storm Chaser)

Tonight Scott called and said something like “I’m going to be a little late picking Delainey up tonight… I crashed my car.” I first said, “Are you joking?” He has been known to make up silly things from time to time to time and time again. So, I actually ended up asking him a second time. He seemed remarkably calm for him, but he also wasn’t making complete sense. He can get irritated when I try to ask clarifying questions and he isn’t in the clarifying mood. I just tried to quickly sort out in my mind what he was saying and make sure he was okay.

He is okay. He may be sore, but he is okay. Thank you, Lord. And thank you that no one else was hurt either.

In fact, no other vehicle was involved. Just a light pole. He rear-ended a light pole, so to speak, swerving to miss a turning vehicle down a slippery hill.

That truck has served him (us) well, but I guess the “storm-chasers” days are over. It is a little bit bittersweet Bitter because now we’re down to one car again which means I won’t have a car often. And sweet because… I can’t really think of anything sweet right now. So just bitter.

No, that isn’t right. It is good he wasn’t hurt. It is good that wasn’t our only vehicle. It is good that we have another opportunity to wait on the Lord’s provision just like we did when we first received that truck as a free gift! There! That is the something sweet! It was FREE! So, bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment