Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kynzie's Ready for a Winter Wonderland

Yesterday when we left for my Grandma's Thanksgiving dinner, it was snowing heavy, wet flakes. Kynzie was more than thrilled to see the snow. But by the time we arrived back home, she was crying. I asked why, and she said because the snow was all gone already. She didn't even get to play in it. I was so sad for her!

This morning when I saw snow on the ground, however thin a layer, I turned into a giddy little girl! I wasn't as excited about the snow as I was about telling Kynzie it was outside. And she was beyond excited to see it. She started making plans. "I'll wear my gloves, and... Mommy can I taste it when we go outside? How long will it stay today?" And on and on for quite dome time.

Max followed her excitement cautiously. I don't think he remembers much of the snow. Or maybe he does remember and doesn't care for it as much. We'll see.

It is really funny that she loves the snow so much. Scott, of course, despises cold weather and snow and all that goes with it. I don't hate snow; I think it can be beautiful. I would like it much better if it wasn't so cold. We haven't done extensive snow playing or anything, but she has fond memories of what we have done I guess.

Scott usually puts aside his winter disdain and builds a snowman with the kids at least once a winter. I should say snow giants because he tries to build them taller than himself. He has taken Delainey sledding, but has yet to do that with Kynzie. Delainey or I have played in the snow with Kynzie, carrying on the traditions from my childhood - snowball fights, attempts at snow forts, snow angels, and Kynzie's favorite, snow ice cream. Here is last year's post about snow ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment