Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Have a Grateful Heart

I have so many blessings for which I am grateful! I woke up this morning to the twins' chatter accompanied by smiles. How much better can life get? Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the many blessings you have given. Blessed be the name of the Lord. You give and take away, but my heart will choose to say blessed be Your name.

We are in a season, if you will, of the Father "giving" it seems, and I want to give thanks.

I am thankful for my husband. He loves his family so much and wants to be an involved father and husband. He has the desire to provide for his family and does it without complaint. I am glad that he takes an interest in leading us in knowing and loving the Lord. He is a wonderful man and a blessing in my life.

I am so thankful for each one of my children. They are each so unique and gifted in their own ways. I thank God many times a day for each of them and that I am able to stay home with them!

I am thankful for my parents. Thank you Dad and Mom for all that you have done. God used you to lay a firm foundation. I pray you reap the blessings of the seeds you've sewn (and continue to sew).

I am thankful for my brother and his family and my sister and her family. These are my best friends, and I am so glad God coordinated us all to be a family.

I am thankful for my husband's family. God blessed me with in-laws who are caring and supportive of our family.

I am thankful for our church and church family and friends there. It has truly been a wonderful support system.

I am thankful for our coop. This has been a huge help in our home school journey this year, and the great group of families being knit together is a terrific added bonus.

I am thankful for our home and all our material possessions.

I am thankful also for all the memories I have of holidays past. Times with my Granny and Prampa who are no longer with us, and times with my Grandpa and Grandma. I loved holidays as a kid (just as I still do). I couldn't wait to get to my grandparents' homes to give big hugs and kisses and then play with my cousins. I loved the smells of the food cooking, the sounds of the adults talking and laughing with each other, the yummy dessert tables, playing games... I have always loved family get-togethers. I hope my kids do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment