Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Forgotten Bug Party

I think I already 'blogged' about the Bug Party at the library to which I fogot to take the kids. Kynzie still sadly recalls the day we forgot to go the the Bug Party. Friday evening we went to my mom & dad's to celebrate Kynzie's birthday and give my sister a mini, family baby shower.

We had the bug theme going for Kynzie's part of the evening.

My mom had the kids search their large yard for various bugs and see who had the most at the end of the time allotted. Kynzie paired up with uncle Clayson, and they came out winners in the end. Kynzie kept saying she just couldn't believe she won the bug game on her birthday.


Kynzie had to try four times before she blew out her one (non-trick) candle. I didn't get real elaborate on the cake. Kynzie liked the grass from a previous cake I made, so we just decided bugs on grass would be perfect.

Kynzie put on her ladybug costume, and Max put on his bumblebee costume for the present part of the party.

Kynzie was so delighted with all of her gifts, but here she is after opening up her Baby Alive. She thanked Scott and I over and over for that doll. It was just what she wanted, she said. She didn't even seem to mind that we decided not to get the one that 'poops', thanks to a heads up from my sister-in-law, Kerry. Thanks, Kerry. (Kerry asked me if I really needed another messy diaper to change. Good point.)


She also received an Aquadoodle mat, a Play Wonder frog toss set, a doorway puppet theater, as well as a few other odds and ends. Not that the gifts were odd...

Below is the quilt Mom made for Clayson and Tacy's new baby. It is a spinoff of the Noah's Ark theme she made for their first son, Elijah. Mom also made Tacy's 'shower' cake. We all loved it! All the little plastic shower favor babies on it and sprinkles, too. It was so 'Mom"! Good job, Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    What a fun looking party. That has got to be one of the cutest cakes I have ever seen! Hopefully they didn't bring you too many worms with the bug hunt.

    Kudos to Mom too for the great quilt..not something I can do so I admire anyone who can..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love to have fun with cake decorating... when I have time. Thanks for visiting!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete