Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update on the O's

I will try to keep updating the bog with more photos of the kids and the growing twins. Last Saturday, the babies were 6 weeks. I weighed the babies in their diapers. Dennis weighed 11.5 lbs and Daniel weighed 10.5 lbs. That is a full pound each since the previous Friday! I always hope they are getting enough to eat. Scott says they are.

We haven't been taking many photos lately. Our camera is wonderful because it was a free gift. But it isn't so wonderful because it runs out of batteries VERY quickly. It takes forever for the camera to take a photo, so, of course, you miss the photo you meant to get. Someday, I will have a better camera. I used to use 35mm SLR cameras, and in some ways, I miss those. But I love digital! With 5 kids, a better camera seems like a worthwhile investment, right?

Anyway, I sent some photos online to Wal-Mart to be printed. When I went in to pick them up, I had to sign a copyright release saying that I was the owner of one of the photos and that it was okay for Wal-Mart to print the photo. I told them I guess I should be flattered, but I was a little annoyed as well since I was pressed for time.

It was a photo I had taken right in our own living room. I did use my brother's super cool digital SLR camera, but it was way too dark to be from a studio.

I think the twins like the swing; so much so that I am considering purchasing a second swing.

Scott bought me a small deep freeze. I already bought a bunch of different meat on sale and started loading it up. Very exciting! He also bought an Equalizer Heating and A/C Register Booster for one of the living room vents. I have wanted one of these for awhile.

The little kids have spent lots of time outside. They love outside! Kynzie enjoys taking care of her garden. My mom bought her a couple tomato plants, pepper plants and a lemon basil plant for her own garden. She is in green thumb heaven. Here are pics of Kynz when she received her gardening equipment and then her plants, too.

Max loves his sports equipment, and they both thoroughly enjoy riding the various ride-on toys. There is Max's motorcycle (his is blue), the little red scooter, the red push-around buggy, the tricycle, and, the newest edition, Kynzie's new bicycle (I couldn't find that one online).


The babies are quickly growing out of their porta-crib, but Max is not out of his crib yet. He really likes his crib. He has never even tried to climb out of it. He has taken naps a couple of times in his big boy toddler bed, but he doesn't nap as long. And he is a little different than Kynzie; she knew to stay in bed till we came to get her. Him - not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment