Monday, June 23, 2008

Wait till you hear this weekend update

Let's do a little bit of a weekend update here...

Friday - We received some difficult-to-hear news that had a happy ending. Scott called me Friday early evening and told me his father was in the hospital. He explained that his dad had been changing the oil under the family Suburban when the jack gave out. I even shudder now as I type it out. Fortunately, Dad-in-law was able to go back home a little while later, albeit with several staples and stitches and a great deal of pain.

Saturday - We took some time to clean up the big trash items we've been 'saving' in the garage. We are back to the decluttering, and I am back to trying to implement my favorite home-care system - The House That Cleans Itself. (My favorite part about this book is the idea that if you can't change the habits of the household inhabitants, then you should try to change the household to fit the habits of the inhabitants. What a domestic revolution!) Then, we were pleasantly surprised after dinner with a visit from Dad-in-law! Doing better, but still sore.

Sunday - Pastor Jim's sermon was good this morning, just as usual. I adjourned during the last part to the nursing mother's room. My mom came with me to help hold, burp, change one while I nursed, burped, changed the other... she spoils me! And I am thankful for it. Later, Kynzie suddenly developed a fever, aches, and chills during our visit with Scott's parents after church. After we were back at home and had Kynzie more or less settled, I went to visit my sister, Tacy, and their new baby, Micah. I forgot my camera.

Monday - I had to cancel my already rescheduled dentist appointment due to Kynzie's fever, although she is doing much better today. But God is giving me grace because that tooth isn't bothering me as much as it had been the last two weeks. This evening, Scott purchased a 32" plasma flat screen TV! I think I am going to run downstairs real quick to make sure it is really there (not just his dream I am in) one more time.

We have been so used to our 19" screen TV for years now. So when we sat down to have a look at the picture on this monstrous tellie, it was like we had a movie screen in our home. It certainly isn't the most spiritual of purchases I suppose, but it didn't go on credit! Whoo hooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment